Compare Listings

Top Tips For Saving For Your First Home

Top Tips For Saving For Your First Home

Thinking about buying your first home? You’re probably trying to figure out how you can save up enough to make the purchase. Well, here’s a quick guide to saving for your first home that you will find useful:

Choose a good savings account

Firstly, you need to ensure you get more from your savings. Standard savings accounts aren’t very good as the interest rates tend to be poor. Instead, open a Help to Buy ISA, and you’ll enjoy far superior interest rates. Plus, the government runs a scheme that boosts your savings by 25%. Instantly, this little switch will mean you save more money thanks to interest.

Set up a standing order

Having a good savings account isn’t enough to help you save up for that mortgage deposit. You must remain consistent with your savings. To do this, set up a standing order that automatically deposits money in your savings whenever you want.

Look at your monthly bank statements and work out how much you can afford to save every month. As long as you have enough left to pay for bills, food, and the odd treat, then you’ll be fine. Save the rest, and you’ll reach your goal quickly.

Check out Help to Buy schemes

We already mentioned a Help to Buy ISA, but there are other Help to Buy schemes as well. One scheme lets you buy a home with just a 5% deposit. This means you have to save a lot less than the usual 20%. Here, you effectively take out an equity loan that buys the property for you. You can buy as little as 25% of the home, then pay the remaining 75% as rent. Eventually, you’ll own the house entirely.

Check out these ideas if you’re struggling to save for your first home. They should help you reach your target quicker and get your hands on a new set of keys.

img

paveys

Related posts

Does Autumn Affect The Property Market?

Autumn is essentially the end of the hottest season of the year for selling and buying property....

Continue reading
by paveys

What Are Estate Agent Fees?

An estate agent fee is money you pay to an estate agent for help selling your home. You don’t...

Continue reading
by paveys

Things to Look For When Buying a House

Buying a house is a big expense so it has to be right. Like your wedding day, there are months of...

Continue reading
by paveys